Here are some of our events: 1. Rachel House/ Living Wall 2. Free School 3. Clean Up Jakarta 4. HIV Confirmation 5. Coral Reef 6. Mangrove Conservation
The Student Council’s Community Outreach sector has a solemn mission to the improve and aid the four fundamental aspects of our external community in which comprises of; Environment, Social, Health, & Education.
- Rachel House is an organisation that provides palliative care for children living with life-limiting conditions, allowing them to live with joy and dignity in a non-discriminatory, safe and loving environment.
- Living Wall is one of the many ways to raise awareness among young adult about how precious life is .
- Toy Drive is what we will be conducting in school, where student can donate toys that are still in good condition.
In addition, we will also clean and wrap the toys we receive
Free School is a programme designed to help educate the surrounding community in which a collective group of student volunteers hold weekly classes every Saturday open to kids who are unable to afford school and teaching them the English language.
CLEAN UP JAKARTA
- Clean Up Jakarta is an annual event that brings together communities and volunteers through gotong-royong in the spirit of a cleaner Jakarta.
- The aim of Clean Up Jakarta Day is to raise awareness of the problem of rubbish and littering in Jakarta, as well as the need for recycling – starting with us as individuals, at home and at the office. The vision is that every day will be Clean Up Jakarta Day, as we shape conscious and responsible citizens for a better Jakarta.
- We are going to take part, with the aim to instil the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle) to National High students
HIV CONFIRMATION PROGRAM
- Nation Building is cooperating with the Helping Hand foundation in order to verify a HIV/AIDS infection in children so that a treatment regime can be immediately received by the government.
- The test costs RP 300,000 per pax and although it may not seem like much but to these kids it means the world to them as without these treatments they are completely defenceless.
CORAL REEF RESTORATION
- We plan to organise a restoration camp where students will be taught on how to preserve and replant sparse patches in existing coral reefs.
- What many people do not know is that with growth rates of 0.3 to 2 centimetres per year for massive corals, and up to 10 centimetres per year for branching corals, it can take up to 10,000 years for a single coral reef to form.
- This is an event initiated by Nation Building with help from the Helping. we take student to the Pantai Indah Kapuk area to restore the growth of mangrove trees.
- Mangroves play a vital role for the survival of the marine life and the whole ecosystem of the area.
The mangrove roots keep the soiled sand from eroding which is a necessary requirement for a suitable habitat for a large variety of fish, crab, shrimp, and mollusk species. Which then form an essential source of food for thousands of coastal communities around the world.
A reading house was erected in Desa Cisadon last year to provide the children a place to read. This year, we plan to follow up on this project by donating more books and have our students read together with them. In doing so, we aim to help improve the children’s life by increasing their reading proficiencies.
This is an event initiated by nation building which will commence next year. We plan to reduce the reduce the temperature in the sky-bridge by covering on side of the glass with climbing plants
Healthy with Ryan
This is another event initiated by Nation Building, where the health committee will host a cooking class for whoever that wishes to join. The committee will teach them how to make healthy foods taste good.