Our mentoring program is all about our goal to offer a holistic education with a focus on morals, values and character development through a true partnership of teacher and student. A team of trained educators in the fields of counseling, leadership training, life skills and career management are employed to assist in meeting these goals. Special emphasis is also placed on creative and critical thinking. Central to this mentoring programme is the cultivation of a global ethos, core values and ethics.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING
Provide responsive services to assist students in addressing their issues and concerns that may affect their personal, academic, social and career development.
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES
- INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
- GROUP GUIDANCE SESSIONS
- GROWTH SESSIONS
A. INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
- One-on-one individual counseling session to all students at least once a year; follow-up sessions will be done whenever necessary.
- Parents/Teachers concerned may be invited to come for guidance conferences to facilitate assistance to the counselee.
B. GROUP GUIDANCE SESSIONS
- Aimed mainly at each pupil’s personality enrichment
- Hone students towards becoming an enlightened, responsible, authentic, self-directed, refined, service-oriented, compassionate and faith energized NationalHigh Jakarta School student
- Topics are centered on developing wholesome relationships with oneself and with others
C. GROWTH SESSIONS
- The ultimate goal is to provide the students with the opportunity to work through their interpersonal issues
- To develop strategies and skills to positively impact their school achievement
- To increase appropriate social interaction skills
- Students are required to attend the scheduled Growth Sessions every month